In 2017, I set a goal for myself to read 20 books. The same goal as the year before, which I'd surpassed with 24 books. This was a great year for reading, and I read or listened to 46 books in total!
My reading focused, somewhat accidentally, on what I call the "how to live" genre as opposed to more business-focused books. I also tried to add some more diverse perspectives to my library, which I'll continue to do next year.
In no particular order, these are my top reads from 2017:
Below are the notes I've pulled from articles and books on the topic of effective onboarding training. The aim is for this to be a starting point for understanding how to build an effective onboarding process.
- New Employee Onboarding: Best Practices For New Hires
- Onboarding New Hires with Trello
- Technical Onboarding at Hootsuite
- How To Use Your Unfair Advantage To Create an Unforgettable First Day For New Hires
- Onboarding and the Cost of Team Debt
- Why Startups Should Train Their People