Suggested reading for new leads Jan 14, 2018Books that I have used in my own development as a leader and that I recommend to all new leads on my team
Top reads from 2017 Jan 1, 2018
In 2017, I set a goal for myself to read 20 books. The same goal as the year before, which I'd surpassed with 24 books. This was a great year for reading, and I read or listened to 46 books in total!
My reading focused, somewhat accidentally, on what I call the "how to live" genre as opposed to more business-focused books. I also tried to add some more diverse perspectives to my library, which I'll continue to do next year.
In no particular order, these are my top reads from 2017:
Resources on reading Nov 13, 2016Here are some of the top resources I've come across for getting better at reading.
Onboarding Training Reading Notes Mar 6, 2016
Below are the notes I've pulled from articles and books on the topic of effective onboarding training. The aim is for this to be a starting point for understanding how to build an effective onboarding process.
- New Employee Onboarding: Best Practices For New Hires
- Onboarding New Hires with Trello
- Technical Onboarding at Hootsuite
- How To Use Your Unfair Advantage To Create an Unforgettable First Day For New Hires
- Onboarding and the Cost of Team Debt
- Why Startups Should Train Their People